I wasn’t really that sold on Blackstrap Molasses. To be honest it reminded me of a time my mom tried to get me to take it because she said it was really good for me! It tasted nasty and that is the only memory I ever had of it and to be honest I didn’t want to know anymore. Granted, I was only 7 years old, so perhaps I didn’t appreciate those things can be prepared in different ways to make them taste good!
A few days ago one of my subscribers asked me to write an article on it, so I kind of felt compelled to read more about it and find ways to actually make it taste good. Well, only once I was genuinely convinced of the benefits.
Well, what I discovered was quite amazing. Blackstrap Molasses is definitely an amazing food that we should incorporate into our daily routine! Don’t worry, I will show you how, shortly. Let’s learn more about what it can do first!
Here is what it contains:
- Iron: it contains more iron in less calories than meat. Now, if we are having periods and losing lots of blood, then chances are we are deficient in iron.
- Calcium: huge amounts of calcium which binds to remove toxins from within the colon and naturally build strong bones and teeth. It also helps with enzyme activity.
- Copper: Gets rid of free radicals in the body and also forms melanin which helps our skin and hair. There are claims it can make grey hair return to its natural colour!
- Manganese: produces sex hormones
- Magnesium: it is natural to be low on this one. Too little and we get cramps, soreness, tension and more stiffness in the body.
- Selenium: read this article on its importance in preventing Endometriosis
- B6: helps to reduce stress
- Make some milk using Almonds. Soak the almonds in water for at least 2hrs or until they swell. Rinse them well in fresh water. Put them in a blender with some warm/hot milk and blend.
- Add some cinnamon
- Add some ginger powder (about 1teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 raw egg – makes it foamy
- handful of ice (if you want a cold version)